Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Daddy

As a child I remember having imaginary friends and imaginary siblings. I have always been a loner so that's probably why I made up friends of my own. Although I already have four siblings all of them are boys so that's probably why my mind came up with two older sisters. Come my adolescent years I added two more imaginary siblings: a twin sister and an identical twin brother. They were more like alter egos created perhaps to find a stronger self or might simply be because I'm vain and probably thought the world would be a better place if there's more of me. Then there were also quite a few imaginary boyfriends and girlfriends. You might say I was desperate but i prefer to be called a romantic. Now they're more appropriately called imaginary ex-lovers and most of them are still very much hung up on me. hehe

Just recently, there has been a new addition to this imaginary crazy gang of family and friends. I now have an imaginary son! My kid is 3-5 years young and I still haven't given him a name. His mother is an imaginary ex-girlfriend. Most of the time this young boy is quiet but he smiles a lot just like his dad. He giggles and laughs as we would always play and joke around. I would talk to him just about anything, share life lessons and sweet little nothings.

It is just weird. I have been feeling so fatherly. I guess this imaginary kid was created because of frustrations over my relationship with my real dad. Don't get me wrong, I think my dad is really great. He works really hard and provides well for me and my brothers. He has an awesome relationship with my mom, something I truly admire and that I would want to have a relationship as amazing. He is well loved by his family and friends. He is my idol. But no matter how great he is, I still can't avoid having little frustrations with my dad. I just wish that he got to spend more time with me. This might be a plea of a middle child, the left out kid. If only he'd got to spend more time with me when I was younger then perhaps we'd have a better relationship now. I guess I just wished that my dad and I had been more like friends.

He is just so great and I love him that I couldn't complain for anything. I wouldn't complain. That's probably why instead of complaining I created an imaginary kid that seem to have developed from a wanting to perfect what little forgiven failure my dad had with me.

12 comments:

Dabo said...

you're like a kaleidoscope in this post, light strikes, light falls.. images glared, emotions burst

the works and the sentiments it instill... wow dude.. im really elibs sa yo. simple pero isa sa pinakamagandang nabasa ko sa blogsphere.

cheers!

-

Dabo said...

now i remember.. it's the honesty devoid of any fancy words, reminds me of mugen and mikes

MINK said...

awwww nice post...

love it

. said...

Pinapakilala ko nga pala si Joem Endymionne at si John Paul Alexis sa iyong imaginary son. Friends sila ah! Hehe.

rik32miles said...

Wish ko maging imaginary friend si Angelina Jolie..wala lang. Puede ba kong maging godmother ng imaginary son mo? choz!

odin hood said...

@dabo! huwaw naman! kakatuwa naman ung sinabi mo,... kaleidescope...


@mink, salamat :)


@kuya joms, hahaha ayan may playmates na anak ko, pangalan na lang kulang hahahaha


@rik, waw may ninang na rin hehe

Marcus: Bading Down Under said...

Interesting read, mate. And I loved your mum's flowers in the previous entry as well... just saying... :-)

wanderingcommuter said...

hintayin mo lang kapag lumaki ng yang anak mo...magiging prodigal son yan
hahahaha

Dyilyan Oh said...

have you read 'sybil' by flora rheta schreiber? its a must read for you :)

interesting post. :)

odin hood said...

@marcus, hehe tnx!

@ewik, hahahaha mas madrama ang eksena pag ganun

@dyosa, sige ill check it out. tnx!

Bryan Anthony the First said...

hugs to our dads!

woof!

odin hood said...

hugs to our dads!!

kaw rin i-hug ko! :)