Why do I get a feeling that you guys are lying to me? I really hope you're not because that would really suck. I'm hanging by a thread here, so you better not be lying about certain things. I'm going out of my way all because of that little piece of information so it'd better be the truth.
Everyone lies. A few white lies will be appreciated. Lies to cover up one's insecurities will be treated with compassion, for it is just too pitiful. But to lie deliberately and cooperatively for one's selfish gains is just too much.
In fact you really didn't have to lie about it in the first place for I am a very reasonable man. Masunurin naman po akong bata. Madali akong utusan. Madali akong kausap. Madali akong pakiusapan. (Yes, nagbubuhat ako ng sariling bangko! Do object if you know me and think of me otherwise.)
If you had to lie about it then deep within you, you know that what you desire for is not really a fair thing.
I can be forgiving, but I don't easily forget.
*Warning: Bawal tumawid may namatay na dito! Be careful with your assumptions.
1 comment:
How does one valuate, assess, measure and ascertain a lie? Is it proportional to the flaw it serves to obscure? Or perhaps, equivalent to the resultant advantage it afforded? Maybe, by the gravity of the pain it caused?
Whichever color the lie is, in the end, it is how we deal with the truth beneath it that draws the trajectory of our action.
Post a Comment