My mom wants to make our basement a guest room because in the next few months a few of our relatives from the states are coming to visit and stay with us.
The small maid's room in the basement was turned into a storage room since we haven't had a househelper for years now, we don't really need one. Then the small maid's bathroom will be turned into a bigger guest bathroom. My parents asked me to do the design for the bathroom and I did.
During the past few weeks I made the design and I have already gone to hardware stores to canvass for tiles, lavatory, water closets, etc. And yesterday we started demolishing the old bathroom. As in WE.... ME and my dad. My dad is an engineer so he knows what to do with the construction and he teaches me a lot of stuff that you wouldn't learn in school.
We demolished a concrete wall using a sledgehammer. I had my gloves on and mask. OfcourseI had to protect my delicate hands hahaha. Then I dismantled a hollow wall made of wood using a crowbar. Then I removed the vinyl flooring, removed the door... I just find it funny. Doing construction work can be fun hehe.
We still need to put down the ceiling, remove the existing water closet and lavatory, knock down the ceramic tiles ... but we will do that tomorrow perhaps. For today my dad and I will go to the hardware store to start buying the stuff we need.
11 comments:
constru in the house
Nice bonding! :)
wow parang habitat for humanity lang. nyahahaha. :P
at totoo nga palang mayaman ka! :P
why didn't you post your bathroom design and give us an explanation why you did that and why you chose those materials. this would be nice to know.
Wow! Ang saya! hmmm... naku, kelangan ko na pala kunin services mo habang di pa mataas professional fee mo. hahaha!
@turismoboi, hehe yeap
@kuya joms, uu nga.
@dn, hahahaha next naman na gagawin ay yung home theatre at poolhouse hahaha joke lang
@blagadag, demanding! hahaha actually di pa final kasi yung design, marami pa ako baguhin.. siguro pag tapos na yung bathroom post ko
@poi, hahaha uu ang saya.
im sure it'll end up beautiful. ingat lang sa hands ah! hhahaha
@looking for the source, syempre dapat careful sa delicate hands hahaha
Ang BUTCH naman ng post na to. Hindi kinaya ng powers ko!
Kailangan mo pa ng workers? Aapply ako. Hindi naman ako lampa eh.
Nasubukan mo na din bang maging barker sa jeep? Ako nagawa ko na noong undergraduate years ko. Wala kasi kaming pang-toma ng mga pinsan ko kaya ayun haha!
Post a Comment