Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh My Siomai!

Today is siomai day! Well at least for me it is.

I was up early this morning and I had my mom's homemade siomai for breakfast.

Then for lunch, I had siomai with rice and chicken yakisoba at the Kantunan in P.Noval after my morning class.

During my 6-hour afternoon break, I stayed at the library with my friends. I slept peacefully while they read books. Then we decided to check out the street foods at Dapitan for merienda. I had fried siomai and tokwa.

Then after my evening classes I went straight home. Guess what's for dinner? More of my mom's homemade siomai!

I love siomai. Especially when you put soy sauce, kalamansi and lots and lots of chili sauce. Yum!

Lately I've been craving for that oh so delicious siomai. Earlier this week I ate at Kowloon House along West Ave. Yes, the one that had a picket line of workers protesting around it. I was badly craving for Kowloon's sharksfin siomai so despite of the workers shouting and begging for everyone to boycott that store I still had my sharksfin siomai. I'm Bad!

"Sir, ano ba naman ang pansamantalang di pagkain ng siopao at siomai nila para sa kapakanan naming mga manggagawa..."

"Dalawang buwan nang di nakakain ang mga pamilya namin..."

"Balang araw magiging empleyado ka rin..."

"Estudiante ka pa naman... di ka ba marunong magbasa?! May welga nga eh!"


I'm so bad! My thick faced endured and ignored that all for the love of sharksfin siomai.

Bad.

...

Last night, I found out that there's a new Kowloon House near home. I hope the siopao and siomai there are really good. And I promise I won't go back to Kowloon House at West Ave., at least not until the workers got what they want and stopped protesting.

11 comments:

odin hood said...

hehe last night ko pa to dapat na-post.... kanina ko na lang natapos, kasi nakatulog ako... nagbabawi ng tulog

Chyng said...

not bad, once in a while i crave for siomai too.

right now, im forcing my mom to cook me spaghetti! sayang kc mga baskets of goods na may pasta! ;)

odin hood said...

@chyng, waw paskong pasko na sa inyo at marami na baskets of goods haha

Dabo said...

magandang umaga!

siomai boi ka pala eh..

--- --

hay.. kawawa naman yung mga nagrarally... pero kumain ka pa rin talaga dun huhuhu.. next time bawi ka na lang sa kanila

odin hood said...

di na po mauulit, pramis

. said...

Odin, pag nag-eyeball tayo, alam ko na kung saan kita dadalhin. Ang MOA baka ipost ko na next week.

Joaqui said...

Happy Siomai Day! lol

Yeah, my heart goes to those employees rallying. :(

Glad to know though you enjoyed your siomai day! :)

Looking For The Source said...

hmmm. namiss ko tuloy magsiomai. i was like craving for pizza the other day, now feel ko siomai naman! nyahhaa

wanderingcommuter said...

tsktsk bad odin, theres blood in your siomai...

Abou said...

di ako nakakain ng siomai. it's about na kahiligan ko din ito he he

miz madness said...

ang galing..haha..im a big fan of siomai too..linked u.hope u dont mind