Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thank You 2.0

I had a really long day! I haven't slept since yesterday. No, it wasn't because of my birthday and neither was I partying all night. I was actually up all night because I was busy finishing my Thesis Proposal that was due this morning.

This Thesis Proposal was a pretty big deal. With only a day left before submission, I have realized that I have barely accomplished 20% of the work that needs to be done. I have even decided not to attend my classes yesterday just so I could have more time to finish and complete my proposal. There's so much work to be done that it required me to sit in front of my pc for the whole day and night.

But at around 4 in the afternoon yesterday, only after a few hours of working on my thesis proposal, I suddenly had a problem with my computer. It just died out on me! It wouldn't start up! My computer failed me this time.

Why die on me when I have a really important deadline?! Was I doomed to fail? Why ruin my birthday with a huge failure, yet again*?!

I panicked a little bit. I couldn't quite believe that this could be happening, *again. But I have managed to stay calm and not allow the anxiety ruin me. I have decided to go to an internet cafe and stay there until i finished my proposal even if it meant staying there overnight and spending fortunes on rental fees. I would have gone to my classmate's house, who's got 2 desktops and 2 laptops at home and who would surely love the company while working on a very stressful thesis proposal. But my Mom prepared a simple dinner in celebration of my birthday and should I have gone to my classmate's house then I may have not been home for dinner. So I decided to stay at an internet cafe near home so I could go home to have my birthday dinner of pot roast, pasta, cake and strawberry Ice cream.

I was determined to tough it out. I packed all my research stuff, all the books i needed and a bunch of photocopied research materials, and put them all in one big bag, and made my way to the internet cafe that is open 24 hours.

I spent the entire night here on this very internet cafe, on this very same computer.(My computer at home is still broken.) I sat in front of the desktop from yesterday at 6:30 pm up until 7:45 this morning, which was an hour and 15 minutes from the submission time. I crammed what was supposed to be weeks in the making in one night. The only time I stood up from my seat was when I went home at around 9pm for dinner for about an hour and had only 3 restroom breaks. I had no sleep. Neither was I able to have catnaps nor pillow hugging! Imagine how terrible it was, no Pip (my pillow) to embrace. I just sat there in front of the desktop and researched, and typed almost non-stop.

Fortunately I was able to finish my thesis proposal. Although I'm not very proud of the quality of the research, it is still a huge accomplishment that I was able to finish it despite the circumstances.

I realized that I should be grateful that my desktop at home actually broke down. For if I have been working at home, I believe I wouldnt be able to finish my thesis proposal. Have I been home, I'd be getting up from my seat every now and then. I would have wasted a lot of time lying down on the sofa and hugging pip. I could even have fallen asleep. I would have also watched porn and done the "deed" and that would not only have wasted time, but precious energy as well.

Because my computer at home died on me, I was able to finish my thesis proposal. This is one of those moments when one gets amazed for truly, God works in mysterious ways. At first I kinda felt sorry for myself because I'm spending my birthday in a blue lit internet cafe alone with a bunch of strangers. But at the end of the day, it wasn't so bad after all. I got to finish my Thesis proposal and the outpour of thougthful birthday greetings from friends kept me energized.**


Thank you!







* On my 2oth birthday I also had a really important deadline. I messed up and failed to finish a design plate due on that day because I had an anxiety attack that night when I was supposed to be cramming. I also cried really hard that night. Truly, my birthdays are always extraordinary.

** There's another thing that kept me energized last night. There was a cute guy on the computer to my right! He smelled like ice cream. He was there the entire night, playing DotA with his buddies and he watched movies. I felt like I had company although we never really talked. hehe

4 comments:

. said...

There's another thing that kept me energized last night. There was a cute guy on the computer to my right! He smelled like ice cream. He was there the entire night, playing DotA with his buddies and he watched movies. I felt like I had company although we never really talked. hehe

- God works in mysterious ways indeed. :)

blackdarkheart said...

a guy that smelled like icegcream...what would his underwear smell like? lol! naman eh, nbuksan tuloy ang fetish dam ko!!

MINK said...

kainggit ka, 20 ka lang...

haha...

im sure yung guy na nag DOTA eh yung lips are like cherry

charot!

odin hood said...

@kuya joms, i think that guy goes to this internet cafe almost every night... hehe wag ko na kaya paayos pc ko, tapos dito na lang kaya ako palagi gumawa ng thesis LOL

@nathan, napansin din ng friends niya na he smelled like ice cream, he said it's a perfume he bought sa marks and spencer.... hmmmm mahanap nga yun hehe

@mink, how i wish 20 nga lang, pero 22 na kasi ako hehe sobrang pa-demure kaya ako nun, halos di ako makatingin sa direction niya hahahaha