um . . . um . . .
. . . . and more ums . . .
I got weak on the knees and I felt like my insides where spinning when I saw this video. I think I even wet my pipi!
NO this isn't a trailer for an epic science fiction movie! Last June 25, 2008, David Fischer , an Italian architect, unveiled plans for building the world's first rotating skyscraper! It will be in Dubai and is expected to be up and rotating by 2010!!! 2010!!! Yeah that is two years from now! The skyscraper would be a mixed use of office, condo and hotel.
This is a building with a twist, literally. Each floor individually rotates in to a full 360 degrees. With this technology you get to watch the sun rise when having breakfast and watch the sunset when having dinner in the very same condo kitchen. You get to have a room with a view, and as the floor rotates you get another view, and another view, and another view,...
I think putting the stairs and elevators wouldn't be a problem as long as the fixed center of the building is wide enough. What I am really curious about is how the pipings, sewerage, HVAC systems etc. would be arranged since the floors are rotating.
I think another brilliant thing about this building is that they are going to put wind turbines between each floor of the building. This should provide sustainable energy for the high power demands of not only the rotating building itself but also the surrounding buildings as well. Wind energy is also renewable source of energy which should make the building eco-friendly.
- - -
Building boom in Dubai seems not to be slowing down anytime soon. This city boasts of many engineering feats such as the only 7-star hotel in the world(Burj Al Arab) and they are also said to have the only underwater hotel. They are poised to have the tallest building in the world (Burj Dubai). The city is also home to a large group of man-made islands in the shape of a palm tree (The Palm) and another group shaped like the world (The World). And now they have the rotating skyscraper. It is said that Dubai has raised the new benchmark for luxurious living and draws the richest people around the world.
18 comments:
Kakainggit sila no? Let's see kung ano pang man-made marvels ang gagawin nila sa susunod. Kung ako sa kanila, gawin nilang vast jungle yung mga desyerto nila.
sobrang galeng galeng ng architecture na yun!! honga nakakaingggit nga sila talaga. apply ako dun as chambermaid! lOL!
Parang mahihilo ako sa punyetang building na yan..kung gusto kong sumakay ng umiikot mag cacarousel ako or tsubibo...taray..choz!
got an email.. forward ko sa iyo mga buildings nila na naka-line up. it is a 6mb file nga lang
no wonder nga mahal ang langis..
I also got an email about this. But the target year for this building is 2008, I think. They failed in doing so, in short. Nevertheless, I'm still amazed about this new architecture. Galing nila!
@joms, uu nga kakainggit! dami naman nila kasi pera eh...
@nathan, one day sana makapunta ako dubai at magstay ako dun sa 7-star hotel... tapos ikaw yung chambermaid ko LOL joke!
@rik, mabagal naman daw ang pag-ikot kay daw di ka mahihilo.. naisip ko nga rin baka tsubibo na condo gumawa rin sila haha
@deb, ok tnx! email mo lang sa odinhood@yahoo.com :)...
@leoj, uu nga ang galing... pero ang yabang nila! haha nainggit.
makapunta na nga ng dubai at magppakaalipin nadin ako don. astig naman non itatayo bilding. baka magkavertigo naman ako jan heheheh.
nakakapanggigil.... argh!!!
lalo tuloy ako hindi makapag move on dun sa previous post ko. hehehe
@tentay, haha anung klaseng alipin?? aliping namamahay or aliping sagigilid?
@ewik, sowwy...
hahaha... wala yun anu ka ba?!
ang gulo-gulo na nga sa dubai. the tallest, the longest, the most expensive, etc. the hottest na rin ata. ang init na ngayon dito e. pwede na magprito ng danggit sa mukha ko.
Alipin ng Hari. para mayaman diba bongga! hahahahha
parang gusto ko na pumunta ng dubai at makigulo dun he he
.
@ewik, hehe
@kuya pogi, yes the hottest... dahil ba kasi nandyan k? LOL
@tentay, alipin pa rin yun! mangangarap k na nga lang di mo pa pinangarap na ikaw ung amo. hehe
@abou, mura daw gasolina dun, pero mas mahal pa ang beer kaysa sa gas! hehe
ay oo nga no, umandar nanaman kaengotan ko. hahahahah! sory tungak lang. o sigi hihilingin ko kahit alipin ako, andon si dreamboy, milyonaryo na. hahahahhahaha! oha. asan na date naten maghoholding hands habang hinahanap si dream boy, malay mo andon diba? tara na!
Yez, I heard about this building! Kahit dito sa Sydney, talk of the town sya! Kalokish!!!!
OMG! I miss Dubai. Pero di ka kaya mahilo sa rotating tower na yan?
22. Kakakita ko lang sa post pagtapos nito. :)
Pwede pa namang siguro you twenteen-two. Haha.
Super belated happy birthday. :)
Post a Comment